This last week Seth and I went on the most magical last minute trip. It was a time of connecting and true serenity. We booked tickets to the San Juan islands less than a week before we departed. It felt so impromptu for planners like us. I’ll be sharing more of my tips for the islands in another post soon to come. Here is looking back at a truly wonderful week.
1. The San Juan Islands are magical and perfect. If you live on the west coast and want to feel like you are in a different time zone and different country, go there. It was a dream. Stay tuned for more photos and tips.
2. Press has been good this week. Destination I Do Magazine had a wedding I did in Big Sur (my love!) on the cover with Alison Events and Feather and Twine Photography. I was also in MOTHER mag sharing my hostess tips for a summer backyard party.
3. As I have shared before, I like to go to different guided meditation classes and workshops. On Wednesday night my friend Sarah Becker took me to a session at the SF location of Dharma Punx. We spent 30 minute meditating and then Eve Edman led us through a discussion about relationship triggers. I found her to be so approachable, knowledgeable and engaging. I think she may be my spiritual girl crush. If that is such a thing.
4. We hit the ground on Monday and were out to dinner with friends in Oakland by Tuesday. We went to my absolute favorite neighborhood in Oakland, Temescal. The food is good, the shopping is good, the weather it is just the BEST! We cocktailed at Dona Tomas ate at Pizzaiolo and window shopped down the ally. My favorite spots are Marisa Mason (I’m most likely to be wearing one of her pieces at every moment) and Crimson.
5. This weekend we are off to visit Seth’s family in Northern Michigan in Harbor Springs. It is going to be a fast trip but we’ll have a great time seeing his family and swimming in the lake. We’re getting summer in one weekend at a time.
Happy Friday, Friends!