The past two weeks have been all about regrouping and getting grounded after a huge production over the Fourth of July holiday weekend. I have been putting humpty dumpty back together and getting organized for our future events. Meanwhile, I’ve been going through some personal reflection and seem to be staring at my failures and strengths all in one moment. I’ve been taking inventory of what helps keep me centered and grounded during times like this and I thought I’d share that list with you.
1. LISTEN I listened to an interview with Arianna Huffington that may have changed my life. I have already listened to it twice and shared it with all my friends. Then, this past Monday, she sent me this piece on how we are living extraordinary lives without noticing it. Listen to both now and thank me later.
2. READ After listening to Arianna’s interview, I went directly to my library and checked out her book, “Thrive” which I am now fully immersed in. I have been bouncing back and forth between that and another great book called, “Unteathered Soul”. It’s simple concept of gaining freedom from our thoughts is so simple yet so complex. I’ve been chipping away at it and enjoying every word.
3. NOURISH I love to cook and love to eat and what I truly love is any recipe that is not just tasty but full of healthy ingredients. I’ve been munching on Mama’s Cookies and also made this cookie recipe from Sprouted Kitchen that I just love.
4. MEDITATE I’m a big fan a meditating. I try and do it once in the morning and once in the evening and if I do it once a day, I’m feeling good. I’m always developing my practice, but just sitting still and quieting the mind is the goal and can also be a challenge. Over the years, I’ve often reentered to Deepak Chopra’s 21 Day Guided Meditations. This week he started one on how to become “unstuck”. I’m sure that is something we could all relate to.
5. CONNECT For me being balanced also means socializing and connecting with other like minded people and I’ve been steeping my soul in that this week. Wednesday I celebrated the opening of The Pearl, which is my new favorite venue in San Francisco. Last night, Alison Events, Yonder and I went to a new restaurant called The Perennial.With a flower reference name like that, what’s not to love?
Happy Friday, Friends.