1. Last weekend was a busy one. I taught a class with Fullosophie and it was SO fun. People really do make an experience and this was no exception. We set up in the courtyard at Shinola which is a dream setting. Even in the rain. The drizzle started and continued throughout the class and everyone just keep arranging. It was so impressive.
2. On Saturday evening we had the pleasure of doing the first wedding The Pearl. It’s an amazing industrial space in the Dogpatch and I can’t wait to work here again.
3. Earlier this week I spent time in my childhood happy place, Mendocino. We started going there when I was two years old and I estimate that this was around my twentieth visit. As a child I was a die hard “Murder She Wrote” fan. Jessica Fletcher had red hair. I have red hair. Jessica Fletcher liked to ride her bike. I liked to ride my bike. You get the point. My first celebrity crush was on an old lady. Are you surprised?
4. Here are my Mendocino must go to tips. We stayed here because it is the only place to stay on the ocean side of main street. They even have their own private path to the main beach and make the most scrumptious breakfasts and accommodate dietary requests. We like to eat here because the view is unbeatable but I also love this place because the bread is baked daily and it’s been around forever.
5. Many of the stores in town have been around since I was young child. They hold nostalgic charm but are not the sort of place that I currently go on shopping sprees, until now. Honey & Ro just opened in the old yarn shop and they had so many lovely things. Including some beautiful things from The Podolls and Jess Brown.
Happy Friday, Friends!