This has been a busy week but I’ve continued to feel grounded and not like a chicken with my head cut off. I’m not exactly sure how, but it’s true and I’m going with it.
1. The week started fast and furious with a photo shoot for 100Layer Cake with Simone Lennon and Shannen Natasha. The blog is doing tours of floral and event planners spaces and since Simone and I share our conference room they decided to come visit our SOMA studio. I’ll be sure to share that post once it is live.
2. That photoshoot came off the tails of a great wedding last weekend at the Headlands Center for the Arts. We made this six foot wide summer wreath and suspended it from the ceiling. I was truly happy with the way it came out.
3. The weeks has been filled with more than is even listed here and I’ve been working at staying centered and moving through it one thing at a time. I took a class on meditation at the Shambhala Center on Wednesday and enjoyed the teachings. I’m hoping I can keep this zen feeling through the weekend.
4. Last night I participated in the launch of the bridal registry at Hudson Grace. It was a lovely evening filled with so many familiar faces. If I were getting married I can honestly say this is where I would register. It’s got so many unique but useful things! And, my favorite scented candles, too.
5. This weekend we are doing the flowers for the wedding celebrations of such a lovely couple. They will be married in Woodside and we are cooking up a colorful affair for them. I loved their sweet story and that they both grew up in the same town, but it was not until they were adults that they reconnected. The groom takes the table to the farm with his company Metes & Bounds and I’m telling you…going to one of their dinners is now on my wish list.
Happy Friday, Friends!