I can not believe next week is July! I’ve been loving that the June Gloom has subsided for the time being and we’re having a little sunshine in San Francisco. I’ve been running around and doing my thing. Here’s looking at this week.
1. The highlight of the week is that my Mama came to town. I took the week a little easy and spent time with her. We spent almost all of our time together in my home and studio gardens. We went to four nurseries in less than twenty-four hours, filled three green bins and planted so many special blooms! One of our favorite nursery trips was to Flowerland in the East Bay. Have you been? They sell a great variety of blooms, natives and even have a coffee stand in an air-stream. It’s worth the trip just to look around. And, have a cup of coffee, of course!
2. Speaking of sipping coffee while shopping, we also headed across the bridge to Sausalito to the Heath Ceramics factory. They offer tours of the factory, which is something I highly recommend!
3. Wednesday night I had a lovely meal at Octavia. It’s new, it’s delicious and it’s by the Chef of Frances, so you know…it’s wonderful! I loved the simple and thoughtful design. Each plate was by an unique ceramists or potter and while the designs differed they worked together cohesively and beautifully.
4. This weekend will be non-stop work! No breaks, no problem. We have a wedding at one of my all time favorite venues, The Headlands Center for the Arts, followed by an event at the deYoung. It’s going to be flower filled, just the way I like it. (Don’t worry, I’m postponing my weekend until next week when I leave town for the 4th!)
5. If you are looking for something fun to do on Saturday, I suggest you stop by the prop sale that Apartment 34 is having tomorrow. Yours truly will have posies for sale, so you really can’t lose. Check her website and Instagram for more details.
Happy Friday, Friends!