I feel so grateful to be able to do as much traveling as I do. I know that it is a luxury and I do not take it for granted. My biggest indulgence in life is traveling and I feel so happy to have created a career where I am not only able to travel more than two weeks a year, but one where the work actually brings me places I may not have gone otherwise. Today, I am staring a new reoccurring post called, FLOWERS BROUGHT ME HERE.
This past week I spent ten days in Big Sur, which is more of a stretch of ocean front than an actual town. I have always loved the coast and Big Sur feels very special to me. Maybe it is the ocean air or the turquoise water that mimics a Mexican coastline, or maybe it is just that there is no phone or wifi service. Either way, it is peaceful and magical. Scroll down to see my travel tips for your next visit.
1. STAY at Deetjen’s. It is the cutest and the elves live there.
2. PEOPLE WATCH at Nepenthe. End of story.
3. DRINK YOUR COFFEE at Big Sur Bakery and if that’s not your thing they have easy to open “camping wine”.
4. COCKTAIL at Post Ranch Inn where you may even see a whale or two. Stay here if it is in your budget.
5. HIKE to McWay Falls to see the waterfall that ends on the beach.
6. DAY TRIP to Carmel to visit the dog friendly bar at the Cypress Inn, which is owned by Doris Day.